sENIOR cREATIVE DIRECTOR
Please note: (1) the Westfall Group will be moving to midtown Atlanta by year end 2016, and (2) application instructions are found at the end of this posting.
Role Overview. The Senior Creative Director defines the creative strategy for our non-profit clients' Major Donor Events (MDE) and guides the execution of that strategy by our creative team into print, scripts, videos, and other deliverables.
- Crafts the creative strategy that bonds prospective donors to the client through the MDE. Conducts in depth research into a client’s mission, vision, brand, and impact. Facilitates an ideation session with the non-profit organization’s leaders to identify the core creative strategy for the client’s MDE. Utilizes creative talent and branding experience to develop a creative brief that describes the organization’s purpose, the MDE’s giving pillars, and the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and transformation case that will drive prospective donors to fund the client’s programs.
- Oversees the execution of the creative strategy. Provides guidance to our creative team regarding the execution of the creative strategy through print (invitations, letters, giving portfolios, event programs), verbal and written communication (scripts for presenters, PowerPoints), video storytelling, and the overall MDE experience. Approves creative deliverables ensuring consistency with the creative strategy and the Westfall Group’s standards. Provides insight and counsel to the client regarding creative choices, upholding the creative work of the Westfall Group team and addressing client requests in the context of the overall creative strategy. As needed, writes impactful headlines and extraordinary copy in support of the creative strategy.
- Supports the Westfall Group team members in delivering products and services on-time and with excellence to ensure a successful MDE and an exceptional client experience. Collaborates with the Senior Consultant, the Client Service Manager, the Creative Account Executive, and other team members and vendors to deliver a unified, seamless experience. Engages with clients with integrity and professionalism, proactively communicating, anticipating needs, and instilling confidence in the Westfall Group. Resolves concerns raised by clients with a win-win approach.
- Assists in the ongoing improvement of the Westfall Group’s creative services. Provides leadership in meaningful innovation of Westfall Group’s creative work product. Helps develop the skills of existing team members and identify new talent.
- Accomplishes other objectives, as necessary or assigned. Completes other activities related to Major Donor Events or company related projects as assigned from time to time
Schedule/Travel. Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm for non-travel days. Travel is required for major donor events, client meetings, site visits, etc. Required travel will be approximately 25% and may be up to 50% during the spring season.
- 10+ years as a Creative Director in an advertising agency
- Deep experience as a copywriter
- Prior experience in art direction and video production
- Expertise in branding, especially for non-profit organizations
- Prior experience in creating donor fundraising campaigns/communication
- Excellent verbal/written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience in using email/calendaring, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong competencies in creativity, flexibility, problem solving, conceptual thinking, and written written communication
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Compensation and Benefits. Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including health insurance, IRA matching contributions, and paid vacation/sick time.
Application. To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Please review our website and provide a response (no more than 500 words) to the following question:
Why would you love to work for the Westfall Group? (You may include this response in your cover letter.)