Please note: (1) Atlanta based candidates strongly preferred, and (2) application instructions are found at the end of this posting.
Role Overview. The Senior Consultant is the client relationship manager and leads the Client Service Team (with the Client Service Manager and Creative Account Executive). The Senior Consultant is a major donor expert, responsible for providing the client insight and counsel regarding major donors and orchestrating the on-stage program.
- Serves as the primary relationship manager with non-profit clients. Builds a strong long-lasting relationship with clients at all levels of leadership, including the CEO and Chief Development Officer. Proactively drives pre-event preparation and communication with the client, anticipating client needs, and instilling confidence and trust. Resolves concerns raised by clients with a win-win approach. Leads key client meetings.
- Leads the Client Service Team so that products and services are delivered on-time and with excellence, ensuring a successful MDE and an exceptional client experience. Collaborates with the Client Service Manager, the Creative Account Executive, and other team members and vendors to deliver a unified, seamless experience.
- Provides insight and counsel regarding major donors. Leads clients through the wealth analytics process, assists clients with the development of an effective invitation strategy, coaches the client's leadership and Board of Directors in their roles.
- Provides overall program strategy and leadership. Understands the client’s vision and assists them in strategically presenting their mission and funding opportunities to donors. Assists clients in identifying the right speakers and artists to support their message and culture. Coaches all program participants prior to the event on their role and expectations. Manages the event program on-site and ensures all participants are prepared and stay with their allotted time.
- Supports the sales process by engaging in business development and obtaining renewals. Provides support to the CEO and others in business development efforts, such as strategic partnerships, conferences, pursuing leads, etc.
Schedule/Travel. Mondays through Fridays from 9:00am to 5:30pm for non-travel days. Major Donor Events require travel and work from Wednesday to Sunday. In addition, frequent travel is required for client meetings, site visits, etc. Travel will be approximately 50% and more, especially during the spring season.
- Prior experience as a Chief Development Officer, Senior Development Leader, or Major Donor Consultant
- Prior experience in managing major donor events preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience in using email/calendaring, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong competencies in leadership, planning & organizing, flexibility, customer relations, persuasion, written communication, teamwork, and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Compensation and Benefits. Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including health insurance, IRA matching contributions, and paid vacation/sick time.
Application. To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Please review our website and provide a response (no more than 500 words) to the following question:
Why would you love to work for the Westfall Group? (You may include this response in your cover letter.)