Please note: Application instructions are found at the end of this posting.
Role Overview. The Controller manages all matters related to accounting and finances of Westfall Gold, including:
1. Provides leadership over all aspects of Westfall Gold’s financial operations. Leads the finance and accounting department (currently consisting of one accounting manager and outsourced accounting personnel) in order to achieve company and team goals. As a member of management, provide leadership to the company as a whole.
2. Ensures all financial transactions are processed appropriately. Ensures that accounts receivable are collected promptly and accounts payable are paid in a timely. Processes payroll in a timely manner. Ensures that periodic bank reconciliations are completed. Maintains a system of accounting policies, procedures, and controls. Maintains the chart of accounts and an orderly accounting filing system.
3. Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data. Issues timely, complete, and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
4. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and GAAP. Coordinate the provision of information to external accountants. Ensure bank covenants and reporting requirements are satisfied.
5. Accomplish other objectives, as necessary or assigned. Completes other activities or projects as assigned from time to time.
Schedule/Travel: 60% part-time role. Schedule may be (i) three days per week or (ii) 60% each workday.
· Significant experience as a public accountant and a corporate/business accountant
· Excellent grasp of GAAP
· Strong understanding of Quickbooks and MS Excel
· Excellent verbal/written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Experience with email/calendaring, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
· Bachelor’s degree required
· CPA or equivalent work experience required
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including health insurance, 401-K, and paid vacation/sick time.
Application: To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Please review our website and provide a response (no more than 500 words) to the following question: Why would you love to work for Westfall Gold? (You may include this response in your cover letter.)