Westfall Gold Presents:
Major Donor Cruises
Delivering a donor-centric experience on extraordinary cruise lines.
Voyages: summer 2019
- Crystal Symphony* - Alaskan Discovery - June 25 to July 2, 2019 (Vancouver to Vancouver)
- Oceania Regatta - Alaska's Stunning Scenery - July 9, 2019 to July 16, 2019 (Seattle to Seattle)
- Crystal Symphony* - Glaciers & Totems - July 23 to 30, 2019 (Vancouver to Vancouver)
- Oceania Regatta - Alaska's Stunning Scenery - August 20, 2019 to August 27, 2019 (Seattle to Seattle)
- Oceania Insignia - Timeless Cuba - July 11 to 18, 2019 (Miami to Miami)
- Oceania Sirena - Southern Europe Sojourn - June 28 to July 5, 2019 (Barcelona to Portugal)
- Seabourn Encore* - Greek & Italian Jewels - July 11 to July 18, 2019 (Athens to Rome)
- Seabourn Odyssey* - Greece & Dalmatian Delights - July 20 to July 27, 2019 (Athens to Venice)
- Oceania Riviera - Eternal Glamour - July 26 to August 2, 2019 (Rome to Barcelona)
- Azamara Pursuit - Gems of the Western Med - July 27 to August 3, 2019 (Barcelona to Rome)
- Oceania Sirena - Panoramic Mediterranean - August 16 to 23, 2019 (Monte Carlo to Rome)
- Crystal Serenity* - Ligurian Sea Medley - August 31 to September 7, 2019 (Rome to Rome)
Baltic Sea AND RUSSIA
- Regent Seven Seas Explorer* - Beauty of Baroque - July 22 to 29, 2019 (Copenhagen to Stockholm)
- Azamara Journey - The Baltic & St Petersburg - August 10 to 17, 2019 (Stockholm to Copenhagen)
* Luxury cruise line. All others high-end premium.
major donor cruise
Westfall Gold Presents: Major Donor Cruises
- Westfall Gold is now offering Major Donor Cruises starting Summer 2019.
- The Major Donor Cruise creates a shared, donor-centric experience that will deepen relationships between the organization and its donors.
- In order to draw high capaicty donors, we have selected specific boutique, luxury/premium cruise lines with destinations in Alaska, Cuba, the Mediterranean, and the Baltic Sea. These premium cruises are in high demand. We recommend booking at least one year in advance.
Donor Development Goals:
- Draw 25 to 50 current and prospective major donor couples with the capacity to make a $100,000 commitment or more.
- Accelerate cultivation of major donor prospects – secure a first major gift.
- Deepen relationships with existing major donors – secure further commitments.
- Create ambassadors who are willing to new prospective donors to the organization.
- Raise a 3x to 5x return.
- Initiate and continue life-long relationships with passionate supports of the organization.
A pre-night hotel stay will kick-off the event.
- The arrival date will include an evening reception, dinner, and light program (welcome, overview of the week, introduction of leadership, etc.)
- The following morning will include breakfast and an overview of the organization.
- Westfall Gold will arrange an appropriate 4 or 5 star hotel, and transfers to the cruise.
The ideal cruise length is 7 nights to provide time for the complete program and relationship building.
- While on-board, event sessions will primarily occur during days at sea.
- Community building opportunities will be during receptions and dinners (restaurant buyouts may be available).
- Shorter cruises do not provide sufficient opportunity to present the complete case and engage in relationship/community building.
- Longer cruises increase the likelihood of scheduling conflicts for invitees.
- Premium and luxury cruise lines rarely offer voyages less than 7 nights.
We recommend high-end premium cruise lines (such as Oceania, Azamara, etc.).
- High-end premium ships will draw couples of significant capacity, without the cost of a true luxury line.
- These boutique cruise lines provide a near luxury experience (service, dining, accommodations) at a price point that falls between mainstream and true luxury.
- We have selected certain cruise lines because they are accommodating to groups.
- Luxury cruise lines are about 40% more expensive than high-end premium options.
- Mainstream and lower end premium cruise lines will not draw donors with significant capacity.
- Click here for a primer on the difference between mainstream, premium, and luxury cruise lines.
Available destinations for Summer 2019 are Alaska and the Mediterranean/Baltic Seas, for the most part.
- Premium and luxury cruise lines generally do not sail the Caribbean or the South Pacific during the summer.
- At this time, Westfall Gold has capacity to support cruise events during the summer season, but reserves its teams for land events in the Spring and Fall.
Leverage Westfall Gold content from your Major Donor Event (scripts, videos, presentations).
- Messaging is largely the same as the Major Donor Event, significantly reducing the Westfall Gold creative effort and fee.
- Westfall Gold will still provide donor consulting and event management support.
Total estimated budget range for 25 to 50 donor units is $500,000 to $700,000.
- The minimum recommended number of donor units is 25, for financial viability of the event.
- Maximum donor units is 75, in order to maintain community building opportunities.
- Cost per donor unit for a 7-night voyage and a pre-night stay (hotel, F&B, program) is approximately $7,500 for a high-end premium cruise line and $10,000 for a luxury cruise line. For comparison, a 3-night event at a 5 star resort costs about $5,000 per couple.
Cabin rates are based on double occupancy
- Single occupancy is typically charged at twice the standard rate. Please keep this in mind for donors and staff traveling alone.